Sunnyside Elementary Staff Driving Parade
Thursday April 30, 2020 2pm
We miss you and your smiling faces!
Come out and watch our parade Thursday, April 30, 2020 starting at 2:00 pm from Sunnyside. (Allow us time to get from the school to your street or neighborhood.)
The route we’ll follow is below. For those of you who live on cul-de-sacs, dead-end streets, or a street that doesn’t appear on the route, please feel free to set up anywhere along the route, practicing physical distancing. We can’t wait to see your Sunnyside gear, signs, but most importantly your smiling faces!
Please follow these guidelines:
● You must observe physical distancing rules. This was critical to get permission from the city to allow our school to do this parade.
● You can wave hello from the sidewalk or street. Please do not follow the parade, or come to school.
● We want to see all of you, but please stay a safe distance from the cars, and from others who are not in your family. You may wave, make noise, and hold signs. Be creative!
● The route we will take is below. We can’t send the parade into cul-de-sacs, dead-end streets, or parking lots because of the number of cars. So look for a street name near your house, and watch the parade from there!
● The parade will happen rain or shine ~ we can’t wait to see you!
Take Photos and Share #sunnysideroadrunners
Obviously the staff would be challenged to drive, wave, and take photos, so please post your photos on Facebook and Instagram. Use #sunnysideroadrunners Ms. Foote will be creating a slideshow of photos she collects.
The parade will start at Sunnyside. Allow time for the parade to reach your area. You can click on the map to view a larger image.