The 4th Grade is having a Candy Grams fundraiser for their Oregon Trail Theater Project. Candy Grams are a fun way to spread holiday cheer! Orders will be accepted until December 9th, 2022. Candy Grams can be sent to fellow Sunnysiders, staff, or others that don’t attend our school. They will be delivered on December 16, 2022.
Order by December 9th, 2022
Before School Sales December 5th – 9th
How it works
- Fill out the Candy Gram preorder form.
- Return the form to your teacher with the amount of money you owe.
- Make sure you fill out all of the information including…
- who the Candy Gram is for
- who it is from
- and which teacher it should be sent to
- Candy Grams can be sent to fellow Sunnysiders, staff, or others that don’t attend our school.
All Candy Gram proceeds support the 4th Grade Oregon Trail Theater Project.
More Candy Gram Posters
Learn more and donate
EXCITING news!! The 4th-grade classes of Sunnyside Elementary are happy to announce that we are learning Oregon history through a theater arts performance! Our musical director is Ralph Nelson, a local and historical playwright for elementary-aged children. This will be his 26th year directing children’s musicals involving Oregon history.
Why a musical?
- Involvement in theater has been shown to improve self-esteem, empathy, and academic performance
- According to the AATE (American Alliance for Theatre Education), drama education increases empathy because it helps others to know what it’s like to be in other people’s shoes, bolsters their ability to read and understand complex texts, and builds confidence and camaraderie. Theater supports the development of all 8 of the multiple intelligences, as well as meeting students where they are, socially, academically, and emotionally.
- This is an inclusive opportunity for all fourth graders: whether it is a speaking, singing, or acting role, or all of the above.